I love turtles! Maybe because I can relate... I have been known to be pretty slow in getting things done. So A Lovely Year of Finishes is my goal setting plan to get some of my quilts done this year. There's somthing about setting a specific goal with a deadline that motivates me.
So my goal for February is to finish this quilt:
I started it several years ago and finally finished it at a retreat in September 2013. It was all pieced, just waiting to have the outer border sewn on. So specifically I am going to quilt and bind it, also add a label and a hanging sleeve so it is ready to go to the Quilter's Anonymous quilt show in March.
I spent so much time piecing and applique-ing these little guys....
I used lots of different olive greens and golds for the turtle shells. Little conversation prints for the background pieces. Not sure how I am going to quilt it yet, maybe turtle foot prints? It will feel SO good to get it done.
Here's Dr. Phil's Seven Steps to Reaching Your Goals, summarized:
1. Express your goal in terms of specific events or behaviors.
2. Express your goal in terms that can be measured.
3. Assign a timeline to your goal. (this is an important one for me!)
4. Choose a goal you can control.
5. Plan and program a strategy that will get you to your goal. (Assess the obstacles and resources involved and create a strategy. Don't rely on willpower or your emotions.)
6. Break your goal down into small steps.
7. Create accountability for your progress toward your goal.
From Dr. Phil's book "Life Strategies - Doing What Works, Doing What Matters".
Hope it's in your plans to get some quilting done!